Re: SuSE 10 Beta 3 Screenshots

__/ [David Wright] on Tuesday 13 September 2005 08:30 \__

> houghi wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> OSDir.com have added a screenshot gallery for beta 3. It is not quite so
>>> different from previous galleries, but it is at least the most
>>> up-to-date:
>>
>> After that Beta 4 came out and after that RC1. All in all 10.0 will not
>> be that much different from 9.3, I understand (I don't have 9.3). The
>> main difference is done under the hood and the way it is developed.
>> That second part really and truely explains the 10.x and not having 9.4
>>
>>> Bootloader:
>>> http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=421&slide=15
>>
>> The names of each version (e.g. Nürnberg for RC1) comes from where
>> openSUSE developers live. The screen is a representation of that.
>>
>> I think B3 is Bangalore.
>
> It has gone for a business blue colour theme as well as opposed to the
> jungle green of 9.3. The boot screen on 9.3 looks like overlayed thick
> jungle leaves or something, when my laptop booted in 16 colour mode it
> looked disgusting! ;-)
>
> Dave

I guess you are referring to:

http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=421&slide=2

which is blue, unlike these green shades that still occasionally crop up:

http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=322&slide=3

Remember that this is where the reptile lives... but like any chameleon, it
is bound to change its colour upon will... or reach the House of the
Parliament.