Re: Ethical search engine optimization

__/ [preet.kanwaljit@xxxxxxxxx] on Tuesday 13 September 2005 00:11 \__

> Ethical search engine optimization leads to a symbiotic relationship:
>
> 1.Search engines: They win as they are provided with pages that are
> easy to understand and that contain the quality information that their
> visitors search for.
>
> 2.Searchers: They win as they are getting what they ask for from the
> search engines. They search for "green widgets" and get a page about
> green widgets.
>
> 3.Web site owners: They win as they are getting quality visitors who
> are interested in what their web site has to offer.

This is a very neat analysis. It justifies and promotes more of SEO that is
well-intended, thereby benefiting all corners. Can SEO be described as the
so-called 'science' of how to construct pages properly? For example:

-Use meaningful anchor text to attribute contextual information to the
source, e.g. no ">click here< to the cool site"

-Do not link excessively, but allow navigation to other _related_ content

-Use meaningful title, e.g. NOT "New Document" or "My Homepage".