Re: MS slogan: Don't Be Good

  • Subject: Re: MS slogan: Don't Be Good
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 04:56:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [Linønut] on Thursday 15 September 2005 00:18 \__

> Daeron poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:
>
>> So that would be the philosophical difference between Microsoft and
>> what Google is up to at this point?
>>
>> Gates: Well, we don't know everything they are up to, but we do know
>> their slogan and we disagree with that.
>>
>> http://news.com.com/Gates+on+Google/2008-1082_3-5863514.html
>>
>> Our informal corporate motto is "Don't be evil."
>>
>> http://investor.google.com/conduct.html

Yes, that's that Slashdotted story. I found it very amusing, if not scary,
when I read it this morning. Is Bill Gates going senile? Did he not realise
what he implied when he spewed out those words. Either way, he now has
somebody else to do the talking... or shall I say (monkey) screaming.

> You've got Bill Gates, Scott McNealy, and Michael Dell in a room.
>
> Scott McNealy is "Hear no evil".
>
> Michael Dell is "Speak no evil".
>
> And Bill Gates is "Evil".

Ballmer sat there too, covering his eyes. [glancing at that 3 monkeys brass
object atop my right monitor... http://tinyurl.com/9gfff ... around the
middle]

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
  4:45am  up 20 days 17:50,  3 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.34, 0.35