Re: Google unveils blog search site

  • Subject: Re: Google unveils blog search site
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 03:34:55 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [John Bokma] on Friday 16 September 2005 23:16 \__

> mogga <di@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:01:04 -0500, Paul N Burke
>> <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>>http://blogsearch.google.com/
>>

>> OK
>>
>> inurl:myblog.com shows the number of results but now searches for text
>> form the blog are only found in the main google by sites referencing
>> it.
>
> I am (still) in both :-p
>
>> So the end of blogs I think... No point in using it for adding content
>> if it'll not be in the search results...
>
> Nah, there is a way that Google knows if something is a blog or not. I
> doubt it's based on RSS feed alone.

Technorati? If they are allowed to do so anyway... there are many services
that get pinged, so being a part of the 'pinging circle' gives you that
ability: Weblogs.com, Blo.gs, Feed Burner, Syndic8, NewsGator, Feedster
PubSub.com, Blogdigger, BlogRolling, BlogStreet, Moreover, Weblogalot,
Icerocket, News Is Free, Topic Exchange, RubHub, GeoURL, A2B, GeoLocation,
BlogShares...

Each such service could be used for Google to buy or harvest URL's of blogs.

I have just read that Google use the feeds of blogs to get updates more
quickly than the competition.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
  3:30am  up 22 days 15:44,  2 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.81, 0.78