Re: forwarding problem

  • Subject: Re: forwarding problem
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:01:18 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.websites
__/ [adam] on Saturday 17 September 2005 09:01 \__

> hello
> i have to servers:
> first- with sites scripts
> second - with data (media, images)
>
> when the request is to the first server , the server serve site to
> klient, and images are linked to first server,
> but because of trasfer limit i would like to forward big images to
> second server, (paths to images should stay the same)
>
> is it possible?
>
> thanks for any help
>
> adam
>
> -----
> www.phpstudio.pl

Yes, but you must be careful. I suggest that you leave all the images
(media) on the older server for a while. Crawlers (search engines), as well
as visitors, may have linked to some images in the old server and it would
be nice to continue serving those files that use to exist.

Apart from that, you can safely change the pages ("scripts" as you referred
to them) to contain the corresponding addresses on the new server (the
unified one), retaining the same structure (hierarchy) as before. If you
need further help, just holler. Please remember to fully quote the thread
when doing so. I only say this because many Google Groups user neglect to
quote the text they are referring to.

Regards,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | The most satisfying eXPerience is UNIX
  2:55pm  up 23 days  3:09,  3 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.34, 0.49