Re: My website text appears in other domain

__/ [Michael G. Schneider] on Saturday 17 September 2005 16:27 \__

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
> Thanks a lot for the answer
>
>> As for the latter:
>
> Just for making this clear: I am only concerned about the one URL. Not the
> other URLs.
>
>> www. movable-type-weblog.com.honeycomb.cs.cornell.edu:8888/
>>                                          (NOTE port 8888)
>>
>> Sounds like it might be something experimental. The addresses itself
>> seems to be malformed too. Look at the number of dots, for example.
>
> Which "number of dots" do you mean? And why is the address malformed?

Depth of 'subdomaining' is odd. I have never seem something like this
before.

> If this is only an RSS thing, it would probably be ok. However, why is my
> domain name part of their URL?

[sarcasm]

You seem to have been made a 'subdomain' on Cornell, which is not as
satisfying as:

www. honeycomb.cs.cornell.edu.movable-type-weblog.com

[/sarcasm]

__/ [Borek] on Saturday 17 September 2005 16:37 \__

>>> Sounds like it might be something experimental. The addresses itself
>>> seems to be malformed too. Look at the number of dots, for example.
>
>> Which "number of dots" do you mean? And why is the address malformed?
>
> Generally speaking Roy is wrong - domain name is wellformed :)

Yes, the word "malformed" was too strong and therefore incorrect. It was
only days ago that I pondered about addresses like b.o.r.e.k.com, which I
realised are indeed possible. As a side note, I am not sure what ICANN's
stance on one symbol URL's actually is. I think I once hear/read about it.

> However, he is right that the name look strange - it contains
> 7 subdomain names (rare!) and one of them is com. It looks like
> it should be split into two:
>
> www. movable-type-weblog. com
> honeycomb. cs.cornell. edu
>
> And these will not rise a brow.
>
> Best,
> Borek

Why Cornell and MovableType? Doesn't that seem very non-symbiotic to you? A
university and a blog? And one of a high standard too? Was that possible
some mistake or a strange case of joined links that were crawled? One
ponders...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"
  5:00pm  up 23 days  5:14,  2 users,  load average: 0.78, 0.52, 0.68