Re: Tungsten E2 with Windows ME

  • Subject: Re: Tungsten E2 with Windows ME
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 05:18:17 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.palm
__/ [debrew] on Monday 19 September 2005 19:11 \__

> Has anyone successfully sync'd a Tungsten E2 with Windows ME PC?  I
> installed the Palm desktop software that came with the E2 without any
> trouble but cannot get it to hotsync.  I was on the phone with Palm
> tech support for a long time until they finally said that the E2 is not
> compatible with Windows ME.  THanks,

I doubt it. They may have just taken the 'easy way'.

Which version of Palm Desktop are you using? Is Windows ME still stable? I
hear about plenty of trouble and woe when it comes to Windows ME, which is
rather buggy, susceptible to viruses (virii) and is not always reliable. A
friend of mine had to recover about 3 times in the past couple of years.

What is the nature of the problem? Does the Desktop fail to detect the Palm
and/or vice versa?

If you would like to make better use of your machine and synchronise your
new Palm, I would advise that you try the Ubuntu Linux Live CD (no changes
to hard-drive, i.e. CD-based trial) and then consider upgrading. It can be
sent to your house for free:

http://shipit.ubuntu.com/

JPilot is already included in the core of Ubuntu, as well as Firefox, Open
Office and many other Open Source applications. I have already installed it
on two of my workstations.

Roy

PS - I can still synchronise my Tungsten and M130 with Windows 98, so again,
Windows ME should, in principle, be compatible.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
  5:05am  up 25 days 17:19,  3 users,  load average: 1.03, 0.78, 0.79