Re: OE email (strange behaviour!)

  • Subject: Re: OE email (strange behaviour!)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 05:35:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: alt.os.windows-xp,uk.comp.misc
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-xp, uk.comp.misc
__/ [Martin Underwood] on Tuesday 20 September 2005 19:23 \__

> "Jo" <Jo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I'm running Outlook Express on XP-Pro. Previously no problems till now.
>>
>> Any incoming email, instead of going into the Inbox as normal, it's going
>> straight into the Deleted Items folder. I can still open and read my
>> email.....but only from within the Deleted Items.
>>
>> Can anyone explain as to what's going on exactly? And just how do i go
>> about correcting it?
>>
>> Any help/info/advice much appreciated
>
> Very odd. I wonder if you've got a rule (Tools | Message Rules | Mail)
> which is set to send *all* incoming email to the Deleted Items folder -
> maybe a rule which should be deleting just spam (as determined by some
> sender/recipient criteria).
>
> If you've not got any rules defined, them I'm not sure what the problem
> is!

I concur with Martin on that. It sounds like you either suffer from a bug or
involuntarily added a filter. It is also possible that your Registry was
modified by a rogue process to achieve this annoying behaviour. I sure know
how easy it is to insert values into the Registry -- values which directly
affect Outlook Express. I have seen that done before.

If you can't spot the error, I can only suggest that you upgrade to
Thunderbird < http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ >. It would
import all your settings and mail data in the process of installation.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
  5:30am  up 26 days 17:44,  3 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.15, 0.25