Re: Tungsten E2 with Windows ME

  • Subject: Re: Tungsten E2 with Windows ME
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 15:08:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.palm
__/ [Victor Roberts] on Saturday 24 September 2005 20:18 \__

> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 05:18:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>PS - I can still synchronise my Tungsten and M130 with Windows 98, so
>>again, Windows ME should, in principle, be compatible.
>
> Which Tungsten? if this is an E2 then it is the first
> reported use of the E2 with Win98.

Tungsten T. Windows 98 is not too bad actually. It is rather "safe
in the wild"m even without patching. Too bad I am giving away my old Windows
98 laptop this Wednesday. It has served me since I was a high school
student. I now have 3 powerful Linux boxes to replace that platform which
weakens by the day.

It is rather sad to see how Microsoft unintentionally committed suicide ever
since Windows 95/98, which had all the necessary features (at the time!) and
did not suffer from viruses. Yesterday it was said in the Wall Street
Journal that Windows Vista needed to be re-built from scratch. It became a
code jungle and the engineers could no longer maintain the complex code and
have it run.

http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB112743680328349448,00.html?mod=todays_us_page_one

After all of that information leakage it turns out that Microsoft develop
code much like Linux. A bunch of cowboys produce code spaghetti that is
difficult to make cohesive. That being the case, I would rather go for a
free platform, forget about Trojans and malware and also get good
stability.

I was taken off-topic, but then again, I have this tendancy.

Roy

PS - wrong key despatched last message prematurely.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
  2:55pm  up 31 days  3:09,  3 users,  load average: 2.01, 1.30, 0.89