Re: Charging laptop gets hot

__/ [ __spc__ ] on Saturday 01 April 2006 14:18 \__

> When my laptop is on charge, it gets hot - hot air blows out the
> fan/exhaust; when I unplug the power cable, the laptop runs nice and cool.
>
> Is this a problem with the charger, or just a feature of charging laptops?
>
> Cheers - Steven.
> --
> Remove NOSPAM to email.

I have never come across this. I would suspect that the battery dissipates
hot air as it *over*heats. Try pulling it out while in charge. If it is too
hot to hold, be very suspicious. It could perhaps be the charging mechanism
rather than the battery.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  8:05pm  up 24 days  9:48,  10 users,  load average: 0.56, 0.87, 0.94