Re: PHPSESSID , googlebot and robot.txt

__/ [ madsgormlarsen@xxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 01 April 2006 08:04 \__

> Hi
>
> Can you avoid that googlebot indexes  PHPSESSID pages? Googlebot is
> indexing pages with  PHPSESSID, which makes it think my page has a
> infinite number of pages. How can one avoid this?
>
> Best regards
> Mads

If one session ID will suffice, have a look at Google Sitemaps and use XML to
reduce the number of URL's you want indexed. Alternatively, change your CMS
(assumed from PHP) and bear in mind that XML sitemaps will not help you with
non-Google crawlers. See search engines guidelines to better understand why
you have multiplicity in the process of page indexing. There are symbols
which are treated as irrelevant arguments and dropped when appended to the
URL's.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon
  9:50am  up 23 days 23:33,  10 users,  load average: 1.11, 1.23, 1.03