Re: [News] Vista Breaks Samba Compatibility

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Windows Guru: Why Samba can't handle Vista... And It's Not Samba's Fault
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Raymond Chen claims Explorer won't show more than 100 files in a
>| directory served up by Samba.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| In other words, Raymond knows Windows and Raymond knows Linux. And
>| Raymond says the problem rears its ugly head only when Windows
>| Vista's Explorer fast queries a Samba drive.
> `----
>
> That must the reason why they have Open Source labs at Raymond: to verify
> incompatibilities with Linux. I argued this before.
>
> http://www.emailbattles.com/archive/battles/opsys_aadchcgagd_hf/

Oh, I agree.  There's only one reason why MS would have an Open Source
lab.  The one 'good thing' is that there are so many variations on Linux
and platforms and combinations that they will never be able to test them
all, so they will never be able to create the truly convincing FUD that
they'd like to.  This is another huge advantage of being a multi-culture
rather than a mono-culture when attempting to compete with the monopoly.

What is mind?  No matter.  What is matter?  Never mind.
		-- Thomas Hewitt Key, 1799-1875