Re: [News] Linux Just One Step Away from Winning

__/ [ rapskat ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 19:11 \__

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 12:26:41 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft moves to Maddog's phase 3
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they
>> | fight you, then they lose. This was the four phase scenario
>> | outlined in an interview with Linux evangelist Jon Maddog
>> | Hall last month when discussing the likely response of
>> | Microsoft to the rise of Linux. Well, a recent interview
>> | with Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in Forbes magazine indicates
>> | that Microsoft has moved into phase three of Maddog's prophetic
>> | timeline.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/3798/106/
>
> All due respect to Jon, but I believe it was Gandhi who quipped that
> phrase in reference to the peaceful resistance of indigenous people to
> the British occupation and oppression of India.

That's *exactly* what I had going in my own mind. Also see the attribution to
Gandhi in the following video:

        http://www.redhat.com/v/rm/TruthHappens.ram

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    /earth: file system full
  7:15pm  up 25 days  8:58,  11 users,  load average: 0.79, 0.90, 0.72