Re: Using KNode 0.7.2, Wondering What Else is Out There

__/ [ Blinky the Shark ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 21:12 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Whiskers ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 13:32 \__
>>
>>> On 2006-04-02, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> snip

>>> I can only speak for myself, of course, but ... please don't do that
>>> :((
>>>
>>> It's hard to read - and the mind boggles at what other programs would
>>> make of it if they try to re-wrap quoted text in responses.
>>>
>>> (And of course the 'justification' only works for people who see your
>>> text displayed in a 'fixed width font').
>>
>> These are some of the many reasons why I abstain from doing this
>> frequently. Some readers find it difficult to cope with; both human
>> readers and newsreaders. I suppose I could at least go for hyphenation opt
>> out. The lines are wide anough either way.
>
> I hate the idea of hyphenation, as well.  That's not the way it was
> written; that's post-editing.  Just let it wrap at white spaces.
> This is usenet, not a page in a magazine.

Hyphenation disabled.

Before:

perl ~/Main/Programs/paradj/paradj.pl --width=74 -h -n -b ~/in > ~/out
kedit ~/out

After:

perl ~/Main/Programs/paradj/paradj.pl --width=74 -n -b ~/in > ~/out
kedit ~/out

Thanks for the tip guys!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: who ownZ you tod4y?
 10:00pm  up 25 days 11:43,  10 users,  load average: 1.70, 1.21, 1.01