Re: [News] SuSE 10.1 Coming Later This Month

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Monday 03 April 2006 23:07 \__

http://news.com.com/2110-7344_3-6056961.html?part=rss&tag=6056961&subj=news
>>                         ( Suse Linux 10.1 to debut )
>
> March 31st, to be exact. 10.1 Release Candidate 1 is due April 12th, Final
> Release is due April 25th.

I think their big(ger) debut is in June or July. They will introduce the
business equivalent, which I believe is SLES (unless I am mistaken and
confuse this with that other GNOME-based business offering). This
incorporates all the innovative stuff we have been hearing about and puts
(esterprise) Linux well ahead of the competition. IBM are finally working
alongside Novell (collaboration is always a step forward) and with a $300
million investment in Novell's interests (among others), this sure will be
very, very intersting. Notice the trolls' replies to some recent threads and
spot the ones they read and chose to reply to. This indicate they fear
what's coming because much like us, they realise it is inevitable.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "These characters were randomly picked"
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 11:25pm  up 26 days 13:08,  11 users,  load average: 0.79, 0.83, 0.65