Re: [News] Linspire (Lindows) to Offer Freespire

__/ [ Tattoo Vampire ] on Tuesday 25 April 2006 07:32 \__

http://news.com.com/2110-7344_3-6064512.html?part=rss&tag=6064512&subj=news

> Interesting - Michael Robertson does Ubuntu.

According to a more detailed article:

,----[ Quote ]
| "I looked at it back then, and I told Michael [Robertson, founder and
| chairman of Linspire] 'this is garbage,'" Carmony recalled. "Now, though,
| it's not garbage at all. But without the proprietary software and codecs
| we have, it's still too limited."
`----

        http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/newss/6228/1/

It would have indeed been nice to have tools like CrossOver Office for free.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Prevalence does not imply ideali$M
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  7:55am  up 2 days 16:52,  10 users,  load average: 1.16, 1.07, 0.78