Re: Table cell width fixed size

  • Subject: Re: Table cell width fixed size
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:26:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [ Fabian Vilers ] on Monday 24 April 2006 09:49 \__

> Hello all,
>
> I need to draw a table with fixed size (height + width) cells. In any
> case, the text should never expand the size of the cell.
>
> Any help is appreciated,
> Fabian

This table will have a fixed width VALUEH and a minimal height of VALUEV. It
would not makes sense for the height to be strictly forced, however. This
would lead to text disappearing and, mind you, tables cannot have scroll
bars. This is adverse to user's desire and will (just about any stalwart
advocate of standards would argue this). For this, you might wish to have a
look into iframes, which are scrollable and have fixed dimensions.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
 12:20pm  up 1 day 21:17,  9 users,  load average: 0.62, 0.59, 0.49