Re: misdirected link

__/ [ young guy ] on Monday 24 April 2006 03:04 \__

> I found a sponsored link on Google shown with my name, but misleadingly
> linking (without my permission)  to a product .  Is this permitted?
> How can I have that changed?
> May I have your suggestions?

I suggest you contact Google. This may be a violation for which they have
already been taken to court.

,----[ Quote ]
| The company behind US cash-advance firm Check ;n Go has sued Google
| for selling its trademarks as keywords in search advertising, according
| to the Cincinnati Enquirer. Such sales do not breach Google?s own policy
| for the US and Canada.
`----

        Source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02/09/google_checkngo/

Not quite the same scenario, but similar to be used as precedence and tool of
persuasion.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  3:55am  up 1 day 12:52,  12 users,  load average: 0.46, 0.69, 0.76