Re: My site source was stolen!

  • Subject: Re: My site source was stolen!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:18:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Georgie ] on Thursday 13 April 2006 20:13 \__

> "tonnie" <t.prasing@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Georgie wrote:
>>> I'm posting a lot about my site in the last few days but I have to share
>>> this one. Was browing the web yesterday looking for suitable link
>>> partners when I came across this site, http://www.freeringtoneshere.com.
>>>
>>> The site is an *exact* copy of my site, http://www.free-ringtones.ie
>>> around late 2005. I emailed the owner and she claims she bought if off
>>> eBay a few months ago. I'm not sure if the source PHP code and mySQL
>>> database was taken or just all the HMTL pages copied. I'm raging that
>>> someone is making money off my work.
>>>
>>> Could Google think I duplicated content?

Yes.

>> Use the spamreport on Google:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html
>>
>> and explain the situation.

Probably a good idea as content is involved.

> Do Google really respond to those and modify their algo?? I doubt it.

That's actually a tough call. Have a look at:

        http://flickr.com/photos/veen/88708557/

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: penguins are the greatest birds
  8:15am  up 43 days 21:58,  7 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.65, 0.74