Re: Alexa (Moving to Live.com?)

__/ [ DJ ] on Saturday 29 April 2006 18:46 \__

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/28/technology/28soft.html&OQ=_rQ3D1&OP=7574baa1Q2F6tJr6R-Q7Clm--uv6vFFn6FQ3E6vE6uJQ7Cxi-q-Q24Q606vEl-Q5DuBxuQ22q

>>        Is Microsoft Preparing a Big Attack?
>>
>> The context for this article: taking aim at Google. They invest a billion
>> or
>> two in this, I suspect.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>>
> Looks like it taking msn results - a big step backwards for Alexa - msn
> results in my opinion are pretty poor compared with google.

You encouraged me to write about it, eventually <
http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/04/29/a9-alexa-microsoft-live/
>. Thanks for the heads-up.

I used to recommend A9 for those with high-speed connections I quite liked
the image view (reminds me of < http://bettersearch.g-blog.net/ >), which
complemented the SERP that was a Google twin with extra widgets (site info,
related sites, traffic ranks, etc.). Without quality results (deep,
inquisitive, as oppose to shallow), I might as well just stick with
Wikipedia/Google/Scroogle. Wait until deploration among A9 loyals begins.

I happened to notice that A9 are finally doing some Wikipedia harvesting as
well (albeit it's optional).