Re: [News] DreamLinux Gives XGL and OS X Looks 'Out of the Box'

> __/ [ yttrx ] on Wednesday 02 August 2006 04:06 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> DreamLinux 2.0 Works & XGL version
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://exempt.wordpress.com/2006/07/31/dreamlinux-20-works-xgl-version/
>>
>> If I wanted a unix-like operating system that looked like osx, Id...
>> use osx.
>
> No XGL; No Open Source software 'out of the box'; higher cost; closed kernel
> and so forth...

So?  What do I need with XGL?  I can install open source software if
I want, the cost is built into the price of a mac, and the kernel is actually
NOT closed.

But that's not why I don't use OSX.  I don't use OSX because of the
hardware lock-in.  For my purposes, I need higher end hardware than
OSX currently supports.

-----yttrx