[News] Linux Virtualisation - Progress and Challenges (Digest)

Review: VMware's worthy new option for virtual servers

,----[ Quote ]
| Unlike its predecessor, VMware GSX, VMware Server offers support for
| virtual symmetric multiprocessing (SMP). SMP support is considered
| experimental at the moment, but I didn't encounter any problems with
| SMP enabled on one of my Linux virtual hosts that has an SMP kernel.
|
| Licensing caveats aside, I really like VMware Server. It's a solidp
| roduct, easy to use and administer, and the performance is top-notch.
| If you need a way to run multiple hosts on a single server, I'd put
| VMware Server at the top of the list.
`----

http://software.newsforge.com/software/06/07/19/180208.shtml

Meanwhile:

Oracle 'Losing Patience' with XenSource, VMware

,----[ Quote ]
`----

                http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20060731/tc_zd/184867