Re: Recycle Bin not enough, Microsoft adds "Previous Versions" support on the file system level

  • Subject: Re: Recycle Bin not enough, Microsoft adds "Previous Versions" support on the file system level
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 06:17:37 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ High Plains Thumper ] on Tuesday 01 August 2006 03:56 \__

http://www.betanews.com/article/Vista_Encryption_Concerns_British_Police/1140050950

>>                 Vista Encryption Concerns British Gov
>
> This concerns me:
>
> | The technology will additionally prevent malicious software from being
> | installed on computers without the user's consent.
> |
> | But the move has been criticized by some, who say companies could use the
> | digital rights management to prevent users from installing programs they
> | have not approved, such as peer-to-peer file sharing applications.
>
> Perhaps it will prevent programs that Microsoft has not approved, such as a
> Linux boot partition?

Or Firefox. Now look at how ironic this is. Microsoft is shoving Internet
Explorer 7 into all the users' computers. Users need to download special
software merely to /prevent/ Microsoft software from being installed as part
of that future system update.

Sometimes, you wonder if Microsoft can become more malicious. But always,
they manage to surprise you.

Best wishes,

GNU/Linux is beautiful. < http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws >
Cpu(s):  18.4% user,   2.7% system,   0.6% nice,  78.3% idle