Re: [News] Mozilla Firefox Exceeding 200,000,000 Download

"Jim" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Q6Nzg.54225$1g.12684@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oliver Wong wrote:

"Jim" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:kLIzg.53566$1g.140@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node/24502

Comment: let's just wait and see how many people simply let Windows
update
itself. To make competition 'fair', Internet Explorer 7 will install
itself on all Windows XP machines. We shall see if OneCare will wipe
Opera
and Firefox. Ironically, Windows users need IE in order to get Firefox
or Opera installed.

What, you mean they can't just tick the box in YaST? Oh, my bad, they don't have YaST. Apt? Nope, not that either. Does Windows have anything? Answers on a postcard, please, to...

If you're "hardcore", you can telnet directly to http port of Mozilla's server and download FF that way.

smart arse. tho I was waiting for someone to come up with that option, just so I could ask them: would Joe Sixpack know to do that?

If Joe Sixpack is "hardcore", then yes.

FWIW, I think if you say "YaST" to Joe Sixpack, he'd think it was some sort of feminine hygiene product.

- Oliver