Re: Market slide: SCO Group's stock falls to $2.28 per share

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 02 August 2006 12:57 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 02 August 2006 11:51 \__
>>
>>> Quote:
>>> --------------
>>> But on Tuesday the Lindon company's stock was a long way from its
>>> October 2003 high of $20.50 per share. After a sustained slide fed by
>>> sustained poor earnings results and courthouse reversals, SCO shares
>>> closed Tuesday at $2.28 per share.
>>>     That was 2 cents per share lower than the company's stock sold for
>>> on March 25, 2003. That was the same day SCO, alleging IBM had
>>> transferred SCO's proprietary Unix code into its Linux releases, filed
>>> its $5 billion complaint against Big Blue in Salt Lake City's U.S.
>>> District Court.
>>> --------------
>>> End quote
>>>
>>> http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_4123794
>>
>> http://finance.google.com/finance?cid=664357
>>
>> Set the view to one month. Wow! Even Netscape didn't sink so quickly.
>
> I wonder how many people made a /lot/ of money from March to October 03?

This reminds me of something that I did this morning...

http://web.archive.org/web/20031012122712/http://www.groklaw.net/

October 2003 is the only snapshot that the Web Archive has of Groklaw. Some
interesting changes can be observed, e.g. IANAL at present versus "I am a
paralegal, so if you have a legal problem and want advice, this isn't the
place. Hire an attorney instead. Research is, however, what paras do, so
here I am sharing things I have found in my research."

Judging by the comment count, the site gained popularity (or notoriety to
McBride and co.) quite early on. Another item that I read:

,----[ Quote ]
| "I (PJ) started my blog just before the SCO case was filed. Originally,
| my purpose was just trying to learn how to blog, because an attorney and
| I were discussing the possibility of me doing some telecommuting work
| for him, including work on his blog."
`----

                        http://www.linux.org/people/pj_groklaw.html

The rest if history.

Best wishes,

GNU/Linux is beautiful. < http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws >
Tasks: 124 total,   1 running, 122 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie