Re: [News] GPL'd Hospital Information System Released

__/ [ Jim ] on Wednesday 02 August 2006 17:35 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Care2x version 2.2 released
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Care2x is an open source web-based hospital information system (HIS).
>> | The development of Care2x started back in 2002 by Elpidio Latorilla.
>> | The software is released under the GNU General Public License.
>> `----
>>
>>                         http://www.linuxmednews.com/1154523412
>
> Cool, maybe now they can get the NHS system back up...

There are more such packages. Take this for example...

WebReach, Inc. Unveils Mirth - Healthcare Industry's First Open Source HL7
Messaging Middleware

,----[ Quote ]
| Mirth delivers robust HL7 interface capabilities in an open source
| package, providing an alternative to costly proprietary and in-house
| systems.
`----

                http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060718/latu080.html?.v=62

Also consider:

Rise in Healthcare IT Spending Spells Opportunity for IT Managers, Profit for
Open Source Vendors

,----[ Quote ]
| "Linux and open source software have become pervasive in vertical
| markets such as retail and financial services. The healthcare market
| today is positioned for major growth, and managers are in a position to
| take control of their IT strategies and to have a significant impact
| on their organizations and the overall healthcare industry with open
| source technologies," said Stuart Cohen, CEO of OSDL.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060719/sfw021.html?.v=60

There is another one which I can't find with simple filters. There is a guy
in South-East Asia who dedicated much of his career to building a full
system for healthcare, which many hospitals in his country are using.