Re: [News] Winodws Vista Expected to Get a Cold Welcome

__/ [ Linonut ] on Thursday 03 August 2006 14:33 \__

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/techsoftware/10301301.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

> The OEMs are key here.  If they buy it for their new machines, it will
> sell, in a manner similar to XP, unless the hardware needed is
> relatively more expensive than it was when XP came out.

But why would people buy new machines given a relatively high cost? They
cannot ignore Linux, either. It gives more and an upgrade (hardware-wise) is
not required.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
  3:05pm  up 14 days  3:20,  8 users,  load average: 0.54, 0.70, 0.72