[News] Yahoo and Google Defend 'Open Source Citizenship'

Zawodny On Open Source Citizenship

,----[ Quote ]
| Claiming that we can't be better open source citizens because of
| our inability to write good software is, pardon my French, just crap. Being
| good open source citizens means contributing where it makes sense,
| allowing our employees to be a part of the open source world, and
| helping to evangelize the benefits of open source software.
|
| I think that if you've spent any time looking at Yahoo or Google's
| involvement, you'd notice that we've been increasingly doing more and
| more to help the open source world.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/blogtalk/blogtalk/wpn-58-20060803ZawodnyOnOpenSourceCitizenship.html

Context also in:

        Yahoo! sees limits to open source goodness

        http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2161692/yahoo-sees-limits-open-source

,----[ Background ]