Re: [News] Microsoft Sued Over Own Poison (IP)

__/ [ Bobbie ] on Friday 04 August 2006 06:27 \__

> On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 04:48:11 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft, Nintendo sued over games controller
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A case started in a Texas district court a few days back alleging
>> | that Nintendo and Microsoft had breached a game controller patent.
>> | Or two. Or more.
>> `----
>>
>>                 http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33466
>
> Roy, surely this can't be true.
> Microsoft is the company that innovates.
> Isn't it?

Microsoft is the master of observing others' innovation, imitating it, then
extinguishing all competitors, using an existing monopolistic foothold and
channels/pipes (most notably Windows). But I'm stating the obvious, I know.

The new culmination of this behaviour are updates which are supposedly
concerned with security, but actually install plant software serves
Microsoft (e.g. WGA, IE7). If you can't give customers a compelling reason
to buy software (e.g. buy Vista or Office 12), then shove your software onto
their machines. It's illegal. And it financially benefits Microsoft, whose
perception is that fair trade laws do not apply.

> How long before Microsoft simply absorbs Anascape Ltd.?
> Wouldn't that be innovative?

I'd say "invasive".