Re: [News] Rambus: The Microsoft of the Computer Memory Industry

__/ [ chrisv ] on Thursday 03 August 2006 16:37 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>FTC Finds Rambus Unlawfully Obtained Monopoly Power
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| In an opinion by Commissioner Pamela Jones Harbour, the Commission
>>| found that, through a course of deceptive conduct, Rambus was able to
>>| distort a critical standard-setting process and engage in an
>>| anticompetitive "hold up" of the computer memory industry.
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| In June 2002, the FTC charged Rambus with violating federal antitrust
>>| laws by deliberately engaging in a pattern of anticompetitive acts to
>>| deceive an industry-wide standard-setting organization, which
>>| caused or threatened to cause substantial harm to competition
>>| and consumers...
>>`----
>>
>>                        http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2006/08/rambus.htm
>
> Rambus is scum, that's for sure.  The FTC's conclusions echo almost
> exactly what I've been saying (in the .chips group) for years.

If you crossposted this to .linux groups (and omitted the company name), I'm
sure the story would be rhetorical. Just replace Rambus with a different
name and re-read the paragraphs above.  *smile*