Re: Are search engines going to die?

__/ [ tonnie ] on Friday 04 August 2006 17:11 \__

> Roy Schestowitz schreef:
>> __/ [ tonnie ] on Friday 04 August 2006 16:36 \__
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz schreef:
>>>
>>> [snip survival of Google or Web2.0]

>>> Hi Roy,
>>>
>>> Which one? Sticking to one girl or a non-profit search engine?
>>

>> Oops. I need to flush that sig from the rotation. It's inane.
>>

>>> Hm, i would say the first one. :-P
>>>

>>> O, crossing my fingers for you, and no thats no joke.
>>

>> Thanks, man! The recruiter seems nice, so I'll see how it works out. I
>> still prefer to stay in research because it's more independent and
>> open-ended. But it's good to have options to choose from, especially now
>> that I'm getting fed up with what the management does to the University as
>> they merge two institutions and construct/demolish building all over the
>> place.
>
> Having mutiple options is never bad, though, i for myselve would be very
> tempted by switching.
>
>> And I have just gotten off the phone. The wages department screwed up
>> payments from March (incompetently, they just lost all records), so I need
>> to chase people and resurrect it somehow. Or else I don't get those
>> payments...
>
> OMG Good luck with those payments.
>

> Keep us informed.

Passed the first interview with Google. *smile* The better news might be the
interview that I had right after that. Netscape might pay me to become a
contributer/publisher. We shall see. It's premature to say anything and I
don't want my hopes to go high in vain.

Many thanks for showing interest! *smile*

--
In an Open world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates? -- ??
Tasks: 147 total,   2 running, 143 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie