Re: [News] Holy Moses! Ubuntu Goes Religious

__/ [ arachnid ] on Thursday 03 August 2006 17:20 \__

http://www.whatwouldjesusdownload.com/christianubuntu/2006/07/about-ubuntu-christian-edition.html

>> This could approach a niche, joining many other Ubuntu (GNOME) forks.
>
> They're also working on Ubuntu Catholic Edition, Ubuntu Baptist
> Edition, Ubuntu Mormon Edition, Ubuntu Jewish Edition, and Ubuntu Islam
> Edition, but I hear they're having problems getting them all to
> interoperate. Something to do with the network bogging down...
>
> (So, I wonder if the Ubuntu Christian Edition has look, touch,
> finger, unzip, strip, gawk, mount, fsck, gasp, more, yes, yes, yes,
> more, umount, make clean, sleep)

There is now a screenshot gallery up:

http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=712&slide=4&title=ubuntu+christian+edition+1.0+screenshots

Let us pray for Ubuntu's success.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows: backward-compatible, even for viruses
  5:05am  up 15 days 17:20,  8 users,  load average: 1.56, 0.99, 0.82