Re: [News] Google Comes to Microsoft's Rescue

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Saturday 05 August 2006 15:33 \__

http://news.com.com/2100-7349_3-6102529.html?part=rss&tag=6102529&subj=news

> serch.msn.com does that, too. Search for "shit", "malware", "crapware",
> "buggy software", "shit on a shingle", "poop", "garbage" or any number
> of other things and it will point you right to it.
>
> The terms are interchangeable, too. Search for "office", "windows",
> "xbox", "server software" or a few others and the results will be
> fairly much the same. This is probably one of those services they're
> providing that they don't brag about.
>
> They /don't/ provide a warning on any of the results, though. I suspect
> that's because most users should automatically know that malware is
> what they're being shown, since it will be fairly obvious that's what
> they were looking for. Plus, almost no code can be downloaded from M$,
> resulting in not much code to worry about. Malicious links and products
> are another matter.

Knowledgebase HOWTO #1251: How to install malware.

* Type "search.msn.com" in your Internet Explorer address bar and press
ENTER.

* Enter the phrase "sh*t" (please replace asterisk with an "I") and hit "I'm
feeling lucky" (as though it exists).

* You will be redirected to the XBox 360 page, which will install untrusted
software 'in the background'.