Re: [News] Hackers Break Vista Apart

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Monday 07 August 2006 04:21 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Check out this article that I saw this morning...
>>
>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1999070,00.asp
>>         ( Microsoft Takes LSD to Test Vista Security )
>>
>> So crackers are on Microsoft's payroll.
>
> Oh no! Shhhhh, don't tell yttrx. Didn't you know that "cracking" is
> synonymous with "piracy"?

I didn't watch that thread.

Either  way,  Microsoft's  actions  are  the  equivalent  of
feeding  the trolls. This motivates children (or kiddies) to
experiments   with  cracking  tools  (scripts).   Employment
opportunities  and fame seem to shine. For the same  reason,
hiring people who benevolently hacked into your network (and
even  had  you informed) is something that is frowned  upon.
And  a Brit faced extradition to the States for pulling that
stunt  on  the US intelligence services.  Scapegoating  that
also  serves  as  the  very  opposite  example  (job  versus
jail)...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
Cpu(s):  18.3% user,   2.7% system,   0.7% nice,  78.3% idle