Re: Rethinking my view of Gnome

__/ [ GreyCloud ] on Monday 07 August 2006 05:09 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Geico Caveman ] on Monday 07 August 2006 02:14 \__
>>

>>>I am a little notorious for bashing Gnome for its plug ugly looks and its
>>>unintuitive menu layouts, but yesterday, I tried out suggestions at :
>>>
>>>http://www.taimila.com/ubuntuosx.php
>>

>> A Mac OS X ripoff, but it comes to prove that GNOME is versatile.
>> Actually, I had metallic themes in GNOME (GTK) and Enlightenment as early
>> as 2002, if not earlier (e.g.
>> http://schestowitz.com/Projects/kmdupdate-2.html ). KDE's Baghira changes
>> merely everything (widgets) to Aqua and Brushed Metal. One could even
>> argue or make the case that Baghira is prettier than Apple's artwork.
>> Reminds me of something I saw a few hours ago...
>>
>> http://static.flickr.com/74/207241438_7c0f89412d_b.jpg
>>

> LOL!  Vista 2.0?

Just found some more details...

http://www.tuaw.com/2006/08/06/flickr-find-seen-at-wwdc-2006-introducing-vista-2-0-banner/

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reclaim your workstation - install GNU/Linux today
Mem:    514480k total,   476856k used,    37624k free,    15080k buffers