Re: How to find out the process running on various OS

  • Subject: Re: How to find out the process running on various OS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:42:17 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Chuck Lysaght ] on Thursday 10 August 2006 14:39 \__

> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:05:02 -0700, rishisk wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>        I wish to find out the processes running on OS. If i open task
>> manager using java code then i could see which process are running on
>> windows OS but i cant know programatically which process running on OS. So
>> do anyone has any way out to find out process running on OS (like windows,
>> unix etc etc)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rishi
>
> Linux - type top in a console.

For GUI:

In KDE, CTRL+ESC for KSysGuard.

In GNOME, gnome-system-monitor or gtop, if I recall correctly.

Best wishes,

Microsoft: a device for converting public ignorance into cash
Tasks: 123 total,   1 running, 120 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie