Re: Glad I switched...

  • Subject: Re: Glad I switched...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 07:12:02 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Darth Chaos ] on Sunday 20 August 2006 06:13 \__

> Jim wrote:
>> Had a look at Vista Beta 2 today.
>> Never again.
>> Three words: Kludgy. Ugly. Slow.
>> I ran away screaming.
>> Now I have to go clean my eyeballs with a wire brush.
>> bbl.
>> --
>> http://dotware.co.uk
>> You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
>> something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
>>  - R. Buckminster Fuller
>
> I run dual-boot Xandros and WinXP. I use Xandros to go online (I have
> Amarok 1.3 on there)...I use WinXP solely for DVDShrink in conjunction
> with Nero 6.
>
> For online stuff, Xandros (and all other Linux distros) blow XP out of
> the water.
>
> I think even Freespire 1.0 (regular and OSS versions) is better than
> XP.
>
> I think deep down, people want an OS that "just works". I don't think
> people really want the fancy-schmancy memory-hogging graphical
> hibbity-jibbity that Windows XP and Vista has. I think Windows Vista
> will be a poor seller at first, but they'll probably start doing ads
> for Vista with A-list female celebs saying crap like "If you use
> Windows Vista, I might fuck you silly" and the sheeple will probably
> fall for these ads.

They already have that planned with Oprah. The PR people said so although it
was merely a projection at the time.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
Swap:  1036184k total,   468148k used,   568036k free,    44544k cached