[News] 'Universal' Wi-Fi Exploit Pure BS?

MacBook Wi-Fi hack didn't use Apple drivers

,----[ Quote ]
| In early August a senior researcher at SecureWorks said he had revealed
| a vulnerability in Apple?s MacBook wireless software driver that would
| allow him to take control of the machine.
|
| [...]
|
| Maynor told the Washington Post at the time that they demoed the flaw
| on the Mac because of the "Mac user base aura of smugness on security."
`----

http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/08/17/wirelesshack/index.php

At the time, this was said to affect all platforms, including (potentially)
Linux. I also read a similar story about Cisco this morning. There was no
hack in their router. Those 'black hat' folks might be a bunch of hacks. And
Microsoft recently put them on its payroll.

Microsoft Secures Vista With LSD

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2001963,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594