Re: [News] Microsoft Software Glitches Lose Vital E-mail

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 17 August 2006 11:40 \__

http://legalblogwatch.typepad.com/legal_blog_watch/2006/08/ediscovery_snaf.html

> It's all collapsing about their ears at the moment.  Only a year or so
> ago, viruses affected /computers/ not /windows/, glitches were a
> /computer/ problem, but now they're a /microsoft/ problem.  There is a
> great waking up going on.

Thanks for pointing that out. *smile* I hadn't even thought about/noticed it.
This seems to be a growing trend rather than the exception. The BBC, for
example, is beginning to make a mentioning of the platform affected. I find
that American news agencies are still behind in that respect... when a virus
hits, the news is assumed to be relevant to all. No classifications. No
effort to distinguish. Imagine the BBC saying that the 'sueprmarkets' are
stocking cancerous foods when only one retailer is to blame.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"
Tasks: 118 total,   2 running, 114 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie