Re: The REAL Lenovo Deal

  • Subject: Re: The REAL Lenovo Deal
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:41:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Thursday 17 August 2006 00:44 \__

> billwg wrote:
>> B Gruff wrote:
>> > http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/newss/6298/1/
>> >
>> > It would appear that the Lenovo laptops will *not* ship with SLED
>> > pre-installed after all.
>
> It sounds like Microsoft may have been doing a bit of "arm-twisting" in
> the last few hours.

Preposterous! That can't be. I mean, let's look at what Novell's CEO had to
say.

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp is using scare tactics to exert pressure on PC vendors
| not to explore the potential of desktop Linux, according to Novell
| Inc president and COO, Ron Hovsepian.
`----

http://www.commentwire.com/article_news.asp?guid=2044AB5A-59CA-4EC3-AD3F-73DF7BC4F8E0
(link now broken)

Ironically, that was just months ago. With Hovsepian's current position, I
doubt he will have made any such accusations. But it's there on tape!