Re: [News] AMD-Intel Antitrust Rebuttal; Intel to Enter GPU Market?

__/ [ Donn Miller ] on Wednesday 16 August 2006 17:16 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Court allows Intel to subpoena ATI
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The court presiding over the AMD antitrust case against Intel has given
>> | it permission to subpoena ATI.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33718
>>
>> (Comment: Intel was said to pull the same dirty practices as Microsoft, at
>> least in Germany. OEM's were secretly discouraged from stocking AMD.)
>>
>> Also today:
>>
>> Watch out NVIDIA, AMD. Here comes Intel.
>
> Great.  This could make for some interesting scenarios.  Will AMD buy
> nVidia as well?  That could give them two graphics divisions and even
> more leverage against Intel.

Shortly after the ATi acquisitions, there were rumours and speculations that
suggested an Intel-NVIDIA merger (takeover rather).

Personally, I never like it when small companies get 'swallowed' to make
giants even bigger. This leads to monopolies and raises entry barriers to
the market.