Re: [News] British Police Says No to PGP/SSH/SHTTP?

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Jim
<james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:06:58 GMT
<muzEg.106$vu2.89@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Once upon a midnight dreary, while Mathew P. pondered weak and weary over
> many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore...:

> Some say Washington
> some say Jefferson
> some say Garfield (the President, not the cat)
> going by the above it could be attributed to any of 43 people and still be
> wrong.

    -- Benjamin Franklin, Pennsylvania Assembly: Reply to
    the Governor, 1755-11-11 -- _The Papers of Benjamin
    Franklin_, ed. Leonard W. Labaree, Vol 6. P.242 (1963).

http://www.bartleby.com/73/1056.html

That's probably the best I can do. :-)

There are several forms of this quotation, and others may have picked it
up as well.

http://www.bartleby.com/100/245.1.html

    -- Benjamin Franklin, _Historical Review of Pennsylvania_

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1381.html

    -- Benjamin Franklin, _Historical Review of Pennsylvania_, 1759.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.