Re: [News] One Linux Laptop for Each Child in Thailand?

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Tuesday 15 August 2006 04:00 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Tue, 15 Aug 2006 02:25:24 +0100
> <1455682.qniiEmCUOz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> __/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Monday 14 August 2006 22:00 \__
>>
>>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Kent
>>> <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>  wrote
>>> on Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:51:03 +0100

>>> Well, obviously they need to be *properly* educated, with Microsoft
>>> Windows XP Crippleware Edition and $150 or so in the bank account per
>>> unit. :-)
>>
>> To be pedantic/skeptic, I thought that only Vista would have a
>> 'crippleware' edition that limits the user to just 3 simultaneous
>> tasks/processes/programs (I suspect the definition would make it
>> "programs"), at most. Then, there's pay-as-you-go computing.
>>
> I frankly have no idea.  I use Linux, which is definitely not crippled.
> :-)

Children in developing countries will have no idea either. They will use
Fedora Linux, which is definitely not crippled. *smile*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Open syntax, Open API's, OpenSuSE
Cpu(s):  18.6% user,   2.6% system,   0.8% nice,  78.0% idle