Re: [News] $100 Linux Laptop to Incorporate Wikipedia

  • Subject: Re: [News] $100 Linux Laptop to Incorporate Wikipedia
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:45:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
> Wikipedia content to appear on 'US$100 laptop'
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project Friday confirmed plans to
>| include elements of the Wikipedia free online encyclopedia as the
>| first element in its content repository.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1210026606&rid=-50
>
> Inexpensive/affordable hardware, free/Free software, and free/Free content.

Education is going to revolutionise the third-world, if it can only get
it (education, that is).  I wonder how many Einsteins, Newtons and
Pascals are lost every generation, due to so much of the world's pop.
being uneducated.

Ernest asks Frank how long he has been working for the company.
	"Ever since they threatened to fire me."