Re: What Microsoft has that Linux doesn't

  • Subject: Re: What Microsoft has that Linux doesn't
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 03:27:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Linonut ] on Saturday 12 August 2006 21:32 \__

<http://trends.newsforge.com/trends/06/08/10/1350216.shtml?tid=148&tid=20&tid=11>
>>> --
>>> http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html
>>
>> Linux has 0.26% market share (the sane interpretation)
>>
>> http://www.wininsider.com/news/?2248
>
> ooooh, it's
>
>    1. Win Insider
>    2. Using web-browser stats to count OS instances
>    3. And calling it "market share".
>    4. The site's a genius magnet:
>
>    posted by Anonymous, on 7:34:58 EST May. 2 2003
>    ha ha! Linux has only 0.26% market share! Thats the dumbest thing Ive
>    heard. Our University itself has more than 100 PCs running Linux.
>    That means we have all the Linux editions in the world!
>    This dumb website is a front for microsoft.
>    [ reply report ]
>    posted by Anonymous, on 11:27:24 EST Jun. 7 2005
>    Are you stupid? there are millions and millions of computers in the
>    world...your 100 linux machines is .0001 percent of a million. DUH
>    [ reply report ]
>    posted by Anonymous, on 12:44:46 EST Apr. 5 2006
>    You took Algebra in 8th grade? I thought grade was for Pre-Calc
>    [ reply report ]
>
> Your name isn't "Anonymous", is it?

You could have stopped reading at the "ha ha!". I never looked at that site
to be honest, so thanks for the laugh. That site could be run by a shill or
a relative/affiliate of Microsoft staff. They use such bogus figures to
elevate morale. It's a recruitment/vanity stat.

So how much does Microsoft pay its shills? Are they paid by the post or do
they fill out a timesheet? They still resist and object to change, such as
Linux. I wonder why...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
Mem:    514480k total,   480204k used,    34276k free,    37964k buffers