[News] ATi Likes Its Proprietary Drivers

ATI: We like our proprietary Linux drivers

,----[ Quote ]
| "Proprietary, patented optimizations are part of the value we provide to
| our customers and we have no plans to release these drivers to open
| source," the company said in a statement. "In addition, multimedia
| elements such as content protection must not, by their very nature,
| be allowed to go open source."
|
| It's possible that position could change if Advanced Micro Devices'
| acquisition of ATI goes through, but so far AMD hasn't committed one
| way or the other.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10791_3-6104655.html?part=rss&tag=6104655&subj=news

There were some rumours recently about AMD open-sourcing those drivers.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/08/02/32OPcurve_1.html