Re: [News] Windows Vista: So Bad That Microsoft Might Give it For Free

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:15:39 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Will Microsoft Offer Vista Upgrade Coupons?
>
> ,----[ Excerpt ]
>| Rumors spread that well-known PC makers will offer buyers a coupon for a
>| free upgrade to Vista.
> `----
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Unusual patterns in demand for motherboards lend weight to reports
>| that well-known PC vendors will ship computers with free upgrade coupons
>| for the Windows Vista OS in the fourth quarter, say analysts. But the
>| truth remains elusive.
> `----
>
>         http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20060811/tc_pcworld/126709

Your usual dishonesty at work, Roy.

PC Vendors have *ALWAYS* offered free upgrade coupons in the months before
the new OS ships.  It happend with XP, it happened Millenium, It happened
with 98 and 98SE, and it happened with Windows 95.

This is just a way to offset the "I should wait to buy a new PC until the
new OS ships" crowd.