Re: I need to get my new directory indexed, and it's very large

  • Subject: Re: I need to get my new directory indexed, and it's very large
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:51:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Big Bill ] on Friday 11 August 2006 06:17 \__

> On 10 Aug 2006 17:09:47 -0700, b34nzzz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>So, I bought some DB's and put together a home improvement directory @
>>http://jwpincorporated.com/directory
>>
>>It has almost a million listings, whats the best way to try and get as
>>many pages listed as possible? I have a sitemap already.
>
> What kind, please?

Should it matter if it's HTML or XML? As long as it's hierarchical (i.e. not
a million links in one page), this will probably be acceptable. *smile*

>> What not?
>>Should I buy a really high pr link and point it at the directory?
>
> Erm... buy many more of them, I would suggest.

Why not /earn/ some rather than buy? If you have gathered (genuinely) some
valuable links to home improvement sites, try to earn a recommendation from
them. If it's a real attribution (rather than a purchase), then it's
legitimate, IMHO.

Best wishes,

Maths applied to numbers is like logic applied to statistics.
Statistics are lies.