Re: Vista default Startup and Shutdown sounds finalised

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 11 August 2006 10:49 \__

> [H]omer wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 11 August 2006 08:24 \__

>>> Here's the system sound for WGA when it recommends a system upgrade.
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3s6he
>>
>> Dell's new radio spot for their latest laptops:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/j7h3l

Need to log in. Was there a typo perhaps? One wonders about tinyurl's and
privacy...

This bring to mind: ...there was once an article featured in Slashdot, which
showed how to hack tinyurl and use it for mass storage (GMail tricks exist
as well).

> Ooh, that just reminded me of a *really* bad day I had with an IBM
> "DeathStar" hard drive, that prompted me to post this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/k2vht (groups.google.co.uk)

I wasn't even on UseNet, yet. Unless you count a single post that I made
around 2002. Other than that, I used some internal newsgroups...

By the way, Dell have retracted the release of a new line of laptops
today/yesterday. The reason was excess heat and cooling issues.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    WARNING: /dev/null running out of space
Cpu(s):  18.5% user,   2.6% system,   0.8% nice,  78.1% idle