Re: [News] Why WGA Will Immediately Drive Many People to Linux

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 11 August 2006 04:54 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Busted! What happens when WGA attacks
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The entire program is couched in language that would make Orwell proud.
>> | I'd love to spend an hour in Redmond, locked in a room with the WGA
>> | team, so I could explain exactly how wrong their approach is. If I had
>> | my way, I'd tear down every existing web page and start over. Here's a
>> | hint: Stop treating every customer as if they were a thief.
>> `----
>>
>>                         http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=113&tag=nl.e539
>>
>> Look at the comment count. It's very unusual.
>
> I think I'll add this one to the syndicate:
>
> http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/rss.aspx?ForumID=442&Mode=0&SiteID=25

To copy and paste from the forum index:

        Blocked PID

        Validation and theme installation issues

        alert!!!! "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting

        Counterfeit message - XP is not counterfeit! within it.

        I am so angry!

        Counterfeiting?

        2nd Genuine Key to get the boot

        Lots and lots of problems...

        I Have A Valid 1 Use Copy of XP Home, WGA Disagrees!!!